Media Kit Lesson 2 – Tell A Story
Now, the media kit needs to tell a story. You’re going to take them on a “journey of your potential” so to speak.
First we’ll tell them a bit about the show and you. Then, we discuss who the audience is, and how many there are. Lastly, we discuss how much reach you have – audience numbers and press you get. Then, the pricing. This way we’ll have sold them long before they see the price!
The idea is to take them on a journey of value. Information, then entice with the exact right audience….then we hit ’em with numbers and influence! It’s a perfect win. They’d be crazy to turn you down!
ORDER OF APPEARANCE:
- Introduction to the podcast (including mission and vision statement and subjects/topics you cover on the show and why)
- About the host of the podcast
- About the team, if there is one
- Who is the audience? Explain about the the listeners IN NUMBERS
- A demonstration of their love and loyalty to you
- Explanation of your platform/community – IN NUMBERS (don’t have great numbers? Instead talk about your % of recent growth)
- Places where your podcast or you have been featured – demonstrates additional exposure for your buyer as well as your strategic alliances
- Upcoming exciting content, if pre-planned
- Ad packages
- Contact page
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the sponsorship forums. We’d love to see your kits, too!