fbpx

Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Join Forums General Introduce Yourself! Reply To: Introduce Yourself!

• Annise

October 11, 2020 at 9:58 pm

Hello everyone!! I’m Dr. Annise Mabry and in 2013, I created Back2Us Radio, the first LGBTQ podcast network. I use to do a weekly Sunday show with my best friend called the Back2Us Show and that show was the foundation for us creating the podcast network.

We went strong for almost 3 years and over 200 episodes with 13 hosts on air podcasting 7 days per week. In 2015, the podcast network was syndicated by Voice Republic. I launched the Dr. Annise Mabry Foundation in 2016 and rolled the podcast network under the foundation. When Sharon and I launched the podcast network, we had two rules (1) podcast airtime would always be free for anyone who identified as LGBTQ who was trying to launch a podcast; and, (2) we would not sell ads or promote other products.

Eventually Sharon fell in love and got married–as did the other hosts on the network and they stopped podcasting. I tried to podcast alone for a while but I’m just not that person. I need a partner.

So that’s why I joined #theSuperSquad. Maybe there’s someone else out there who is looking to launch a podcast but wants a partner.

That’s my backstory. Now a fun fact about the picture below…I was a 2019 Atlanta Pride Grand Marshal AND the first She Podcast conference was held in Atlanta on Pride Weekend so I got to be a grand marshal and present at the conference.

New Report

Close